Monday, September 10, 2007

A Tomb Robber At Work

At last! I have found the pyramid I've been looking for! Hmmm, which door should I take? I'll take this one. There so many forks in the roads in pyramids. I'm looking for a door that might lead me to gold. I need to find just a little gold or a few precious jewels that I can smuggle out before someone catches me.

Ahhh, right here's a door! It's a clay door, by the looks of it. Maybe I can ram into it and break it. There we go! I did it. It's open. Now, for the gold.

On my left I see a canopic jar full of internal organs. Ewww. Nothing to interest me there. Next to it I see a wooden statue of a cow. Moving on, I see a low couch carved in the shape of a two-headed calf. On it is a decorated bowl full of shrived figs. I peer closely at the decorations. No jewels--just more cows.

On the far wall, something attracts my eye. It is the oversize coffin, covered in rubies. Hmmm, I could chip off a few of those. Next to the coffin is a scepter, striped in blue and gold, with a golden cobra at the top. Sadly, it's too tall for my pack.

I look to the right-hand wall and see a beautifully carved wooden table. On it, I spy a spilled jar of little gold pins. Those will fit in my pack, and they'll be easy to melt down. With that gold and a few of those rubies, I can easily buy myself that chariot I've kept my eye on so long: the Anubis Racer V!

(This assignment was to write a descriptive paragraph with spatial organization.)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I really enjoyed this post. I am 32 years old and don't think I've ever used the word canopic in my life. I hope you really enjoy writing here! I am enjoying reading what you write. You have a smart mama!